Redbird wants to make death wait
Feb 20 2012 - 2:34pm
As you may know, February is Heart Month. ?Heart disease and stroke take one in three Canadians before their time. They are the #1 killers of Canadian women – more than all kinds of cancer combined.
Here at Redbird Communications we work with the Heart and Stroke Foundation to raise awareness and change behaviours, and we know what it takes to improve these statistics. We’re asking our clients, suppliers, friends and families to consider donating to the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
Last week, we sent an email to our database. The response was encouraging. In the first two days, our subscribers donated $675 to the Heart and Stroke Foundation. That’s on top of the $500 Redbird donated as a company through the HSF’s annual fundraising breakfast.
We want to continue this momentum. We’ve set a modest target – just $2500 – and we’d like to reach it by the end of the month. If everyone reading this donates just $20, that amount will easily be surpassed. That’s probably less than you spend on coffee in a week, and it could potentially save a life. Perhaps your own.
Why donate?—Five reasons to click the link at the bottom of this page
• Heart disease and stroke affects us all. Most of us know—or will know—someone who has suffered or died from heart disease or a stroke. ??
• Heart disease and stroke can be prevented—and your donation will help change the statistics listed above.
• This campaign raises money to fund critical, life-giving research.
• Every dollar counts. Thousands of Canadians have donated this month and even a $20 donation helps the cause.
• Your donation is tax deductible (a receipt will be provided).
If you'd like to join us in donating, we have set up a secure Redbird Communications Donation Page (as part of the Heart and Stroke Foundation's online donation campaign). ??It's secure. And only takes a minute. You can add a personal message, too.